My Misguided Travels

Saturday, May 14, 2005

I'll Have To Come Back

I have about 2 or 3 hours left in Buenos Aires, and I think I'm already going to book my flights back. It is such a great city. I would totally recommend anyone to come here. I have had so much fun.

Since I've last posted, I've done quite a lot. I dont think I can remember exactly what I've done, but hopefully I can remember the good bits.

Wednesday night I went out to a nightclub/bar/restaurant called Museum. I stayed out until about 3/4am but don't know how I did it considering I had about 1 hour sleep from the night before. It was really cool, but there was a load of business people there.

I woke up at about 3pm Thursday and just bummed around the hostel for a while, before walking around by the port area. It was such a beautiful place to walk around. I walked around the "Edicio Liberatador", which I think is the Army HQ. I took a photo of a tank and a statue, but was then whistled at by an Argentine soldier saying that I couldnt take any photos.

After that, I went out and had an all you can eat buffet for $24 pesos or about 6 Euros. Absolute peanuts, but incredible food. We, as in Ben a Kiwi, Tor an Auzzie, Matteo, Sarah and Kate from California and Omar from Mexico, then went on an mini Irish pub crawl in Buenos Aires.

The first place we went was called the Kilkenny. Seemingly a few Guiness signs and some Book Of Kells painted on the walls signifies an Irish pub. I decided I'd see how badly the Guinness travelled, but they didnt have any! I mean, come on, an Irish pub with no Guinness! We went to John John's and some other random Irish pub. In all 3, I didnt meet, nor see any Irish looking person. Quite a disappointment. Quite different to on Monday, when I was stopped at the traffic lights by an Irish man, asking where I was from. I was just talking with another Irish girl that I met at the hostel and was waiting to cross the road, when this guy turned around asking where we were from.

So, its 4.20am and my taxi to the airport is coming in 40 minutes. I have a return bus ticket, but I think it might be too much hassle getting that, considering a taxi taking 40 minutes only costs 10Euros.

Next stop is Iguazu Falls in Brazil. They're 4 times wider than Niagra and everyone I've spoken with says they're amazing. From there, I'm off to Campo Grande in Brazil on Sunday, and from there I'm going to the Pantanal in Brazil.

All in all, its quite a busy few days, so I should go and get ready.


·