My Misguided Travels

Monday, May 09, 2005

Buenos Aires, Argentina

So, this is where the real fun starts. I've been bumming around in Florida for a while, but now its starting to get interesting. I just arrived in Buenos Aires about 2 hours ago and have checked into the hostel. Things already seem pretty well. There are loads of friendly people, but more importantly, most of them speak English. That was one of my biggest fears, being totally screwed by not having any Spanish. Even the hostel staff, bus drivers and people at the airport have enough to get me by.

So I left the cosy confines of Florida and the USA last night, but not before they gave me one hell of a search. They took my entire carry on baggage apart for at least 5 minutes. He practially turned every page of my guide book in case I had any drugs or anything.

Buenos Aires so far is pretty cool. Not very appealing on the bus in through the suburbs, but the city centre has some very nice buildings. There are quite a few run down buildings alongside very nice ones, but I suppose thats down to the economy being pretty much total crap.

No other major news. I still havent found a place to upload some photos, but I'll try and get that done soon. I have some from NASA and just around Florida. I gotta go get some lunch as I'm starving. Not sure how that will work out in Buenos Aires. Could be interesting, but hopefully nothing too bad.


·