My Misguided Travels

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Layover In London

So, I've done the first 500km of flying, with only about another 30,000 to go! It's all plain sailing from here.

No major news really. Got about 2 hours sleep last night, but am surprisingly awake. I got to bed for about 4am and was up again for 6am. I got the obligatory photograph leaving the house, so I'll post that when I can. My mum also wanted to weigh me because she thinks I'll fade away to nothing in South America. Its possible as I'm a somewhat picky eater, but she forgot that I'll be in the US for 3 weeks, so the American "cuisine" will fix any loss!

I've a strange feeling about this trip, if the Cork - London flight was anything to go by. Even though I'm travelling thousands of kilometres, I've already bumped into someone who knows my cousins. Some Irish guy was going back home to San Francisco this morning, and it turns out, he knows both my cousins who have been living in San Fran for the past 7/8 years. So, I'm already predicting I'm going to meet someone else who I know, or who knows someone I know, even though I'll be in the most remote areas of South America.

I have about an hour and a half to burn until I board, so its not too bad. I have about a 2 hour layover in Washington DC, so I should be on again then.

In case you're not jealous, here is tomorrows weather for Cocoa Beach, Florida where I'll be laying out on the beach in about 24 hours! Don't like the idea of thunder storms, but hey, who's complaining!


·