My Misguided Travels

Friday, April 29, 2005

Zero Hour Approaches

Its been a while since I've posted here, so I figured I should let you know. I've been busy trying to get myself ready for travelling. I've been making a list, and checking it twice, and I'm going to find out if you've be naughty or nice. Be nice and I'll bring presents!

Anyway, the big news is that I'm no longer going on my own. I had my flights booked ready to go on my own, but a friend is now meeting me in Brazil, on 19th May. Billy will be flying out to meet me in South America and will fly home from Santiago, when I leave there for Miami. Then we're both off to work for CSFB in July, so this is our last chance for some freedom before we start work. All in all, I'll only be travelling around on my own for 10 days - in Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls on the Brazilian border and the Pantanal, which is a rainforest in Brazil.

Today is my big day for buying everything I need - rucksack, sleeping bag, fleece, first aid kit etc. The list is quite long, so I won't bore you with the details. Probably going to have to shell out another €300/400 today. But I suppose, most of the stuff is mine to keep afterwards.

Sin a bhfuil. I'll keep you posted on my frantic packing and shopping. I can't wait! 4 days, 20 hours and 20 minutes before I leave!


·