My Misguided Travels

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Santa Cruz, California

So I'm almost finished travelling. I'm in my final stop. It doesnt seem like it has been almost 8 weeks since I left, but it has. I'm not doing much here in Santa Cruz really, except relaxing and laying around. I'm in in UCSC where Kellie (the friend I'm visiting) went to college now in the library. Its a really beautiful campus on a hill overlooking the Pacific. We went to a cave earlier called "Hell Hole" and it lived up to its name. It was really small, so we didnt go in very far because I couldnt get very far being tall.

We went to the beach yesterday with some of her friends which was nice. The water is really cold, probably just as cold as Ireland. Most people wear wet suits going swimming. It was quite windy too, which just threw up the really find sand into your face!

On Saturday night we went to Batman Begins with 2 of her friends. Its really good, and if its out in Ireland now, you should definitely go. I'd nearly go watch it again. Downtown Santa Cruz is really cool. Its a very nice place to just walk around. We went to Borders, the book store yesterday which isnt especially exciting, except there was this guy dancing like a maniac as he listened to one of the listening posts. There are a lot of weird but interesting people in Santa Cruz, so its a good place to come if you like weird people watching!

Tomorrow we're probably going to the beach again. I might learn to surf, but its quite expensive, about $100 for board, wetsuit and a lesson. I'll see. Other than that, I'm happy to just bum around here and relax. As my flight is leaving from San Fran at about 12pm Sunday, I'm going to go to San Fran and stay there on Saturday night. Otherwise, it'd be a very early Sunday morning, and I'll be travelling for long enough anyway. Probably going to stay in a hostel in downtown, which should be nice.

Well, thats all. I'm off to get some food now. Chances are I may not post here before I get home, but hopefully I will. If not, I'll have to upload my photos anyway, which as promised I have not done.


·