My Misguided Travels

Sunday, June 12, 2005

It Ain't All The Bad

I'm in Santiago, Chile now and its actually quite a nice city. Most people I've spoken with along the way have said that its not a nice place and that its not worth visiting. Thing is, its actually quite nice a city. The main shopping area is really nice as was extremely busy today.

While I wouldnt stay here for an extended period of time, its a great place to base yourself because there is great skiing nearby. And tomorrow there is seemingly a very good market that has everything for dirt cheap. I looked it up in my guide book, and it says that quite a lot of the stuff for sale fell off the back of a lorry! Should be good!

We had intended going to Valpareso today for the day, but we were wrecked tired from not sleeping Thursday night. So we just walked around the city and went to a few "Miradors" or viewpoints around the city. It was pretty cloudy today so we didnt see very much.

For our last dinner in South America we're probably going to an Argentine steak house near our hostel. Other than that, it'll be a quiet night as I'm wrecked after 5 weeks in South America and Billy is leaving for the airport at about 9am tomorrow.


·