My Misguided Travels

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Its Hot in Florida

Florida is hot. Very hot. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday was pretty much the same. Ashley and I just went to the beach everyday for a few hours. Monday and Tuesday we went to the local beach, and on Wednesday we went to Fort Lauderdale which was much nicer. The water was perfect.

On Tuesday we decided to play some volleyball, considering I knew her through the UCC Volleyball Club. Big mistake. Firstly, I have never really played beach volleyball. The ball is much lighter, its much harder to run around in the sand, the sand is roasting, there is an onshore breeze and I haven't played volleyball in ages. So we got our ass well and truly kicked. By the end of the 3rd set, I was so hot, I don't think I was ever as hot in my life.

So our afternoons were pretty laid back at the beach. I got a bit of a colour, so I'm no longer pasty white! Woo hoo! On Wednesday night, Ashley (my friend), Ashley (her friend who we were staying with) and Josh, Ashley #2's boyfriend went down to South Beach in Miami. It was pretty cool just driving around the main place. Downtown Miami from across the river was pretty cool as we drove to South Beach, which is an island. We went for some pizza and then for drinks at a restaurant on the street. It was really nice just watching people walk by. We even saw some Cadillacs that have hydraulic wheels. One was driving on 3 wheels, while another was raised up in the front!

On our way home, we got caught up in a mini street race as about 15 souped up cars or Rice Rockets as they call them here sped past. It was crazy with all the cars diving into the lanes all around us. But it didnt last long as there was a cop car up ahead and they all filed off at an exit, which was disappointing. When we got back I watched XXX the movie, so I could fully understand the street racing theme.


·