My Misguided Travels

Friday, June 03, 2005

Being Stared At

I think I´ve never been stared at so much in my life. Today I decided to wear shorts, sandals and a jumper. But for some reason, the locals felt the need to look at me wondering what the hell I was wearing. I mean, its been sunny here, around 22C according to a clock, but still myself and Billy were the only people to wear shorts and sandals. If our pasty white skin didnt seem to attract attention, shorts and sandals seem to.

Besides the fact the locals couldn´t get enough of us, I´m actually in Cordoba now. I had intended staying in Salta until today, but yesterday at about 3pm we decided to go to Cordoba for a number of reasons. We arrived in Salta on Tuesday evening, so we had enough time there. Its a great city to relax, but there really wasn´t much left to do there. Also, getting the flight yesterday meant we could fly directly taking 1 hour, instead of going through Buenos Aires taking 4 hours. And to change, it only cost us €4. So we´re spending 4 nights here in Cordoba, Argentina´s 2nd largest city.

Other than that, I´ve no major news. I might go to a free Salsa class tonight in the hostel, but then again I may not. I´ve also booked 2 hours of a Spanish class tomorrow for about €6. Not bad eh?

Well, I´m off to go wandering this city again. It´s a really nice city, but I haven´t decided if I agree with the crazy taxi driver last night, when he said Cordoba is better than Buenos Aires.


·