My Misguided Travels

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Back in Buenos Aires

Its been a while since I've posted, so I'll try and bring you up to date. On Tuesday we went white water rafting in the morning and trekking and abseiling (or rapelling as they call it here). Thing with rafting is that there wasn't much white water. Its the dry season so there's about 1/5 the usual amount of water.

We left Mendoza Wednesday morning for Buenos Aires. Having got about 3 hours sleep Tuesday night, getting up to catch a 9:50am flight wasn't pretty. Yesterday we walked around the city and did a few things. Then last night, having sweated a little bit because we couldnt get our receipt for our tickets to the match we went to the Argentina -v- Brazil soccer match. It was amazing. The match started at 10pm, but it was worth the wait. Argentina scored 3 goals in the first half, 2 in the first 20 minutes. The second half was excellent too, but Brazil only scored 1.

We had excellent tickets right on the half way line half way up the stands. Couldnt really ask for better seats. It costs us A$250 for transport, tickets and a guide in the stadium, which is about E70. When we eventually got back to the hostel at 1:30am, we thought about going to sleep as we were both wrecked tired, but we felt guilty going to bed straight away. Turns out the few places we went were very quiet.

Today we left about 1pm and had a late breakfast, nothing like the breakfasts in Salta. We went to the Casa de Rocha (red building that Evita sang from), the main post office, the Congress, the financial district and did some shopping. I got a pair of shoes, pair of jeans and a jumper for A$270 which is about E75! The guy in the shop shook my hand as i left, probably because of all the commission I gave him. I'm going to have trouble packing my bag tonight as I bought 2 sports jumpers too.

Tonight we're off to a tango show and some dinner. Its our last chance for some quality steak, so its Bife de Chorizo all round I think! Then we're probably going to go out for a while before we get crap all sleep before we leave for Sangtiago at 7:30am.

Well, I'm off to enjoy the last of Argentina. Man its a great country. I'm coming back soon, mark my words. I might even put in a transfer request in CSFB and work in their Buenos Aires office.


·