My Misguided Travels

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Uyuni, Bolivia

Greetings from Uyuni, Bolivia! Home to a military barracks and departure point for tours to the salt flats. This won´t be a very long post because a) I´m leaving in about an hour to go on my tour, b) my hands are freezing and c) this internet is dead slow.

I´m going on a tour for 3 nights/4 days all around Salar de Uyuni, the worlds largest salt flats. I´ll be arriving back in Tupiza on Sunday afternoon and from there I´m going to cross back into Argentina. I´ll be able to fill you in on all the details when I get circulation back into my fingers!

The tourn we´re going on is with a company that specalises in tours from Uyuni to Tupiza. We´re going with two girls we met in Potosi and who went on the silver mine tour with me - a Belgian and an English. We´re getting a private tour for 100 Euros which is excellent.

Anyway, my fingers are turning into ice, so I´m going to leave it at that.


·