My Misguided Travels

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Adios Santa Cruz

We came to Santa Cruz for a few reasons. The main one was that the train from Brazil to Bolivia end here. But the other reason was that its meant to be a good city with things to do. Well, the 2nd point was way wide of the mark. There´s nothing to do here. We saw all Santa Cruz De La Sierra had to offer in about 21 minutes. Everything else of note was shut.

So, we spent most of yesterday wandering around aimlessly, getting frustrated that there was nothing to do here, and that everything was shut. We did manage to do something useful yesterday - buy a ticket out of here! We´re leaving for Sucre in about 2 hours. Its about a 15 hour busy journey.

For the second night in a row, Oren, Billy & I fell asleep at about 8pm, before we were going to get up and sample the Santa Cruz night life. But yet again, we slept until 12.30am, and just turned over and went back to sleep. Weird thing is, I´ve been getting far less sleep since I got here - about 6 hours a night and have been fine. I think, when I´m given the chance to sleep, I do.

Other than that, I´ve no news. Just going to get some food for the bus journey now, so I´m going to leave it at this. I should be on again in either Sucre or Potosi. Both cities are 2,800m and 3,800m above sea level, so it should be interesting how we cope. We´ll probably just get the bus straight to Potosi if we´re feeling ok as there´s not much to do there. But if the altitude gets to us, we may have to spend a day getting used to it.


·